Contents tagged with Downloads
The Developer Dashboard in SharePoint 2010 can be configured using STSADM commands, PowerShell or some coding. To easy turn the Developer Dashboard on and off I have created a Farm scoped feature that allows you to configure the Developer Dashboard from Central Administration > General Application Settings > Development Settings.
The Developer Dashboard contains more configuration options than just to turn it on or off. With this feature you can configure all of the options available for the dashboard:
- Display mode (On, Off, On Demand)
- Auto Launch of Developer Dashboard when critical events is tracked
- Enable the ASP.NET tracing output
- Configure the maximum amount of SQL queries traced
- Configure the maximum amount of critical events traced
- The required permission to view the Developer Dashboard (Full, None or Custom)
If you think this is something you need, and of course you do then you can download the feature here. Extract the ZIP file and install the WSP into your SharePoint 2010 farm!
Previewing files and attachments in Microsoft Outlook 2007 is one of the new killer features that makes my, and hopefully yours, life easier. When installing Outlook 2007 you will get preview functionality for the standard Microsoft applications and images. Previewing files is also integrated into the Windows Vista Explorer.
Go get it!
Don't forget to reinstall the Virtual Machine Additions if you are upgrading from earlier versions or betas.
Here comes yet another update to the msfeedicon utility, version 1.4.
The msfeedicon utility is a free notification icon for the Windows RSS platform, that comes with Internet Explorer 7. The utility will show whenever one of your feeds have been updated and gives you easy access to view the feed. All this so you do not have to waste space on your screen with the Internet Explorer 7 Feeds task pane or some Windows Vista Sidebar gadget.
Features of msfeedicon 1.4
- An icon in the system tray showing if you have unread RSS or Atom feed items or not
- The icon also shows when the feed synchronization is disabled and when it is downloading the feeds
- Balloon tip when a feed is updated, with instant access to the updated feed
- Starts when you log into Windows
- Function so you can force an update of all your feeds, even if they are not scheduled for update
- Checks for new versions of the msfeedicon utility
What's new in 1.4?
- Statistics of your feed subscriptions
- The ability to enable or disable the feed background synchronization
- Installation program checks for Internet Explorer 7
- Some bugs are also eliminated
The msfeedicon utility requires Microsoft.NET 2.0 or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and Windows XP or Windows Vista.
Where is the download?
You can download msfeedicon from these locations:
If you have time, please review the application on any of the sites above?
I have now updated msfeedicon to version 1.3 after a few days of running and some feedback. The major issue corrected in this version is that the application looses connection to the Windows RSS platform after a few hours of running, this problem is in all previous versions.
You can find the new version here.
Total Commander is a great tool for managing files and folders and totally replaces the Windows Explorer for me since it is so much faster in managing files and folders in just one simple window.
Version 7.0 contains mostly a nicer interface but includes some highlights such as:
- Show the drive names in the tabs
- Alternating background colors on files and folders
- Nicer overwrite dialog with thumbnail preview
- Run as administrator when privileges are insufficient
I have been a huge fan of the application since I first discovered it years ago (when it was called Windows Commander). When DOS was the primary interface of the PC I used the ASCII based Norton Commander for DOS.
When writing blog posts I once in a while link to classes and methods in the MSDN Library. So why not simplify this job a bit by writing yet another Windows Live Writer plugin - MSDN Locator plugin for Windows Live Writer.
The plugin allows you to search for a class, namespace, method or property using the full name and then inserts a link tag with a description (title attribute).
Here are some samples:
This is just the first version so please report any problems and/or any suggestions for improvements.
The MSDN Subscriber Downloads site will be unavailable this friday
"...from 7:00PM to 9:00PM Pacific time on Friday, November 10, 2006,for planned maintenance and upgrades. Both downloads and product keys will be unavailable..."
Microsoft offers a number of VHD downloads at Microsoft Download Center. You can find ready to go/test virtual hard disk images of:
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Exchange 2007 and Microsoft Live Communications Server 2007
- ISA Server 2006
- SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC demonstration
The Dynamics CRM demo VHD contains a complete server with Windows Server 2003, Active Directory, SQL Server 2005, Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft CRM and Visual Studio 2005.
This is a great step forward and will make testing of beta server products more efficient. I guess there will be a MOSS 2007 VHD available soon...
To view XPS files, if you do not have Windows Vista or Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0, you can download the Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack Version 1.0. The download contains an XPS Reader, very much like the Adobe PDF reader and an XPS Document writer, which allow you to print to XPS files.
There are other goodies in this pack such as:
- an XPS IFilter that will help you index XPS files, with Windows Desktop Search for example
- Windows shell handlers for thumbnail views in Windows Explorer