Some interesting summer news on the Office Roadmap this week. But first of all something that is not very cool at all; the Office roadmap URL has changed. I've used and linked to http://success.office.com/roadmap/, http://office.com/roadmap and http://success.office.com/roadmap/en-us but the only one that is working right now is http://success.office.com/en-us/roadmap/. Booh! Thou shalt not change URL's without redirects…
This is the detected changes in the Roadmap. If you use the newly released feature on the Roadmap that shows the Recently Updated Features, you will see that it states about 50 changed features, since we don't know their "algorithm" behind the feature, just ignore it and keep reading…
- Skype for Business Online: Lync in a new shroud is now officially launched…...
- Office 365 ProPlus user activation management: You can now manage your ProPlus activations directly from the admin center
- Office 365 Groups : improving visibility and management: The Office 365 Groups features are slowly rolling out and being launched on all tenants.
- Compliance Search: Some of the new compliance features announced just weeks ago as being in development are now launched.
- MDM for OneDrive for Business: was previously marked as launched but is now moved back to Rolling out…
- Office 365 Video - Embed: A long waited for feature is now rolling out.
- Office 365 Help pane: The new help feature is rolling out,
- Clutter for your inbox on by default: This is an important announcement that you need to inform your end-users about. Clutter will from now on be turned on by default!
- Skype Meeting Broadcast: Something that I really long for, being able to broadcast meetings with up to 10.000 viewers. New on the roadmap.
- PSTN Conferencing in Skype for Business Online: Huge deal, something that all our customers ask for. Unfortunately only in US to start with, like all interesting things. Product Group, if you need testers that's not still measuring stuff in feet and stones, then call me. New on the roadmap.
- Cloud PBX in Skype for Business Online: Dial out from Office 365! Wow! All them phone switches - watch out! My guess - US only! New on the roadmap.
- Drive Shipping and Network Based Data Import for Office 365: Another feature that is being rolled back on the roadmap, typo or buggy?
That was some nice additions and changes, right! Especially for all you Skype/Lync/UCM peeps!
No updates to the Office Roadmap today! But - a new huge feature to the actual Roadmap page that might make these posts obsolete
A new button has been added to the Roadmap page, called "Show only recently updated features":
Once you toggle the button it will show you only what has been updated since sometime (this is not specifically clear at the moment). Currently it only shows the last update from last week.
Good job Microsoft. No one would be happier than me if this messaging is getting better and I don't have to write these boring blog posts…
Updates to the Office Roadmap today as well.
Since yesterday, only one item has change, or rather been added to the Roadmap.
- Office 365 Settings pane: the unification of all Office 365 services continue (time to forget SharePoint, Exchange etc). A new Settings Pane is in the works that contextually adjusts the settings depending on where you are in Office 365.
More updates to the Office Roadmap! This time around we have a few interesting new additions to the roadmap.
This is what has been added to roadmap since the last couple of days. Notice that all of these are new things on the Roadmap.
- DMARC Support in EOP: DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance, http://dmarc.org/) in EOP. Directly to launched!
- OAuth and MFA for Outlook for iOS & Android: just as it sounds, the new ADAL based authentication is rolling out for iOS and Android
- Advanced administrative controls for archiving: Enables SEC 17a-4 record retention. Allows you to make sure that policies as such are not turned off or removed
- Skype for Business conversations in the web experience: This was shown in a video the other day. Nice additions to the web UX.
- Office 365 Domain Purchase Experience: a better experience to get your hands on and purchase new domains without any 3rd party services
- Office 365 Video - Embed: Allows videos to be embedded outside the video portal, for instance in a team site. But the big news here is that this allows Kiosk users rights to view videos.
- Office 365 Store: This update will make it easier for users to buy third party applications directly from within Office 365. Users will see a new "store icon" in the Waffle. Finally some updates to the pretty lame and boring Office store.
Moved off into the previously released
- Skype Developer platform
Summer is almost here, and I'm currently in the air over Hungary after a short but great weekend in Budapest. And the Office team in Redmond and all around the world keeps on pumping out updates. This is the summary of what has changed since the last update in May.
If you're into compliance or a Vision fans, there's a great amount of new stuff added to the In Development category.
- Add external collaborators to your internal Yammer conversations: from In Development to launched. This is in my opinion one of the scariest updates in a long time. It allows anyone to add an external person to any internal discussion on Yammer. And this is, again, turned on by default.
- Boards for Office Delve: Boards, the light-weight knowledge management solutions for Delve is now launched.
- De-clutter your Inbox: Exchange Clutter is now launched and turned on by default on all tenants.
- Delve (Codename Oslo) & Office Graph: No big news but Delve is now officially launched.
- Disable OneDrive for Business sync for unmanaged PCs: actually a big thing. You can now, using PowerShell, makes sure that only your managed PC's are allowed to do the OneDrive sync (when it works - or turn it off for everyone and get rid of all those support requests….)
- First Release to Select People: No more need to create separate tenants just for first release. Choose your champions wisely and let them be your guinea pigs.
- Office 365 Groups: files improvements: the enhancements to work better with files in Groups are launched. Keep it coming!
- Office 365 services hosted in Microsoft Australian datacenters: All them kangaroos are happy now with blazing fast 365! G'day mate!
- Public Folder calendar and contact access in OWA: the title says it all
- Share OneDrive for Business folders externally: Users can now share a folder and not just a document with external users. Directly to launched
- Unified OneDrive API: The unified API for OneDrive is now launched, but don't mix this with the Unified Office 365 API. Sigh! The marketing people in the Office Group really need to work on a better way to name things…
- Drive Shipping and Network Based Data Import for Office 365: Make your large scale migrations easier with Drive Shipping. From In Development.
- Office 365 ProPlus user activation management: view and manage the activations from the Admin Center
- Quarantine Message Body Preview: allow admins to see the message body while the message is in quarantine in order to make a better decision
- Adding IRM Protection to Visio file: IRM support in Visio. Good stuff in my favorite Office client application.
- Analyzing Office 365 data with Equivio Zoom: Ediscovery enhancements to the 365 suite using the Equivio Zoom, acquired earlier this year. More information.
- Compliance Administrator Role: Another new feature that allows you to create a Compliance Administrator with access to just the Compliance center parts!
- Compliance Search Conditions: Even more new compliance thingies that gives the compliance people a new and improved search experience.
- Compliance search enhancements: Perhaps the best compliance improvement in a while. This change removes some scale limitations and allows you to search all OneDrives and Mailboxes without configuring permissions explicitly on each site/mailbox.
- Create and collaborate on Visio diagrams using Office-like experience: Woohoo, more Visio news. Support for dark themes, Delve and High DPI!
- eDiscovery Case Management, Hold & Permissions: More compliance stuff. I actually can't interpret what this new thing is all about (MS folks - some copywriter job is needed on this…)
- eDiscovery infix & Suffix Wildcards: Even better search capabilities in eDiscovery that should make all your compliance officers jump up and down in excitement.
- Getting started experience in Visio: Starter diagrams and tips and tricks for all you Visio n00bs and architect wannabees.
- Office 365 Admin App Updates: Push notifications for service incidents, good one! Also some group management and the option to view your bill.
- Office 365 Message Encryption: End-user Triggered Encryption in OWA: Allow your end-users to encrypt messages directly from OWA
- Rapid data connectivity in Visio: "one-step connectivity to Excel" - create data driven diagrams even easier and faster
- Refreshed stencils and smart shapes in Visio: Plenty of updates to the stencils and shapes in Visio 2016. Big hugs to the Visio team!
Moved off the list into previously released
- Bulk updates in Project Online
- Change to the copy/paste behavior in the Outlook Web App
- Changing support for LinkedIn in Outlook
- Document deletion policies for OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online
- Edit Office 365 profile details page update
- Enhanced NDRs
- Improvement's to Demand Management in Project Online
- Increase Message Size limit to 150MB
- Lync Web App Support for Mac and Windows Chrome users
- More control over Sent Items for Shared Mailboxes
- OneNote Class Notebook Creator
- Option for Passwords to Never Expire
- Skype for Business desktop application update