Updates! Updates! Updates! Yup, that would happen if Stevie B was still in the house rocking the Office Roadmap. Another round of updates, this time it looks like a fixup of the mess that happended last time. So some things are reported as NEW in here, but they aren’t really new, they just disappeared for a week or two…
- Apps for Project Pro for Office 365 write support: If you’re building Apps, sorry Add-ins, you can now do write back for Project Apps/Add-ins (from Rolling out)
- Auto Generated Project IDs in Project Online: more control of the ID’s generated in Project (from Rolling out)
- Cloud PBX in Skype for Business: Enterprise voice is now live (from In Development)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) in SharePoint Online: DLP features in SPO is now Launched, from Rolling out
- Designer: The new Designer feature in PowerPoint should be in your desktop application by now (from rolling out)
- DLP in SharePoint - Policy Management: It says private preview only and public in september 2015, we’re already way beyond that, so I guess nobody bothered update the text. Anyways - this is a great feature that allows you to control DLP and actions, triggers, reports etc for SharePoint Online and OneDrive. (from ROlling out)
- Events from email: Exchange Online will now automatically detect flight information (just like Cortana) and automatically block the time in your calendar (from In development). Note: this feature is ON by default but can be turned off.
- FastTrack | Data migration to OneDrive for Business from File Shares: File share to OneDrive FastTrack is live. (from in development)
- FastTrack | Data migration to SharePoint Online Team Sites from File Shares: File share to Team Sites is also live (from In development)
- FastTrack | FastTrack Center services coming to smaller customers: Great change for smaller customers, minimum number of seats are now 50 for FastTrack, instead of 150. (NEW)
- FastTrack | Office 365 ProPlus Upgrade Assistance: FastTrack for Office (from in development)
- First Release: Select People support for SharePoint & OneDrive for Business: SPO and OD4B is now first release enabled (from rollingout)
- Mobile offline files (read-only) for iOS: Offline support for the OneDrive app (from rolling out)
- Mobile PDF annotation support for iOS: Another great feature on IOS and not on Windows Phone (I’m just waiting for Satya to can this huge failed experiement). (from rolling out)
- Morph for iOS: Support for the new Morph PowerPoint animation on IOS (and not Windows Phone) (NEW)
- Multiple timeline bars in Project Pro for Office 365: I think this is one of the things that changes every time on the roadmap, it’s probably a huge deal for the Project people. (from rolling out)
- Next-generation OneDrive for Business sync client (PC & Mac): NextGen (LOL) sync engine is now fully launched. I sure hope they don’t think that this is a finished product!!! (from rolling out)
- Office 365 Groups: dynamic membership: Dynamic memeberships for Office 365 Groups. This is really awesome. It requires Azure AD premium though. (from Rolling out)
- Office 365 Groups: files quota management: support for file quota managment for the Office 365 Groups SPO sites (from In Development)
- Office 365 ISO 27001 and 27018 Audit Report: Some new reports in the Service Trust Portal, I’m not sure if they are new or just updated. Not that descriptive information (From Rolling out)
- Office 365 local datacenter in India: The 365 datacenter in India has opened its doors for tenants. Check your Message Center for information about when you are being moved (from In Developemnt)
- Office 365 Video - Yammer settings per channel: This new settings allows you to specify a Yammer Group for the Video Channel or even better you can disable it. (from rolling out)
- Office Online multi-user coauthoring in Yammer: Co-authoring in Yammer! When will they implement a feature that allows you to NOT store documents in Yammer? Prolly never. (from In Development)
- OneDrive for Business Web UX refresh: New UX in OneDrive for Business. It’s a great addition and I’m looking forward to see this new concept coming to other parts of SPO
- PowerPoint Designer - Desktop: This is exactly the same feature as above “Designer”. (from rolling out)
- PowerPoint Morph - Desktop: The Morpth animation on the desktop edition of PowerPoint. I actually like it (from rolling out)
- Preview_Office 365 Customer Security Considerations Refrence Guide: I’m not 100% sure on what this exactly is, but it’s a new “Security Consideration Guide” linked to the Service Trust Portal. Gotta find it and read it (from Rolling out)
- PSTN Calling in Skype for Business: US only, call real phones from Skype. (from in development)
- PSTN Conferencing in Skype for Business Online: conferencing dial in option, US only so far (from in development)
- Real time presence for PowerPoint: You can see in real time who’s editing the same doc as you in PowerPoint (I guess this is for online, and the next one for desktop). (from in development)
- Real Time presence in PowerPoint for desktop: see above (from in development)
- Red Alert Autoposting: automatic detection of issues in Office 365, about time (from rolling out)
- Set an expiry date for a guest share: This one has jumped back and forth from rolling out and launched. But I have yet not seen it in any tenant!
- SharePoint Online uses Exchange Web Services to send mail: SharePoint e-mails should no longer be spam (from rolling out)
- Skype for Business One-time search notification: First time a user does a search in S4B they will get a help message (NEW)
- Skype Meeting Broadcast: Skype Meeting Broadcast is launched! Love it! (From in development)
- Sway recycle bin: Get yer Sways back (from in development)
- Task Notifications in Project Online: notifications from project, title says it all (from rolling out)
- Embedded video in Universal app: When pasting a YouTube, Vimeo or Office Mix Video in OneNote (the Universal app only) you can directly in OneNote check out the video. Sounds cool, couldn’t verify since it doesn work… (NEW)
- Manage Yammer licenses in Office 365: I’m should just shut up on this one since there are to many sensitive people that would sacrifice their kids for this emabarrasing service. You knwo what, you can unassign licenses now for Yammer and it just removes the Tile from the Waffle. Users can still go to Yammer. Epic failure!!! (from in developemnt)
- Office 365 Groups: multi-domain support: One more of my requested features for Office 3365 Groups are now being rolled out (from in development)
- Office 365 ProPlus Consumption Reports: awesome reports for Office, including Visio and Project, activations (NEW)
- Office 365 Reporting Dashboard: the new admin portal will contain a highly customizable reporting center (from in development)
- Search on Yammer iOS app: No comments… (NEW, well it was there, then it wasn’t and now it’s back)
- Allow/Deny list external sharing domains: white/blacklisting of external sharing domains. A welcome addition (NEW)
- Bitcoin Currency Format Support: fire up your Azure VM’s to mine some bitcoins (NEW)
- Delve People Experiences - Praise: This is one of the features that is actually being rolled back from In development. This is a good thing. I hope they add features so that you can control the Praise experience; that is turn it on/off, and also that you can delete Praises from an administrative side (from rolling out)
- Expiring Yammer Announcements: This should reduce the number of unread items in your Yammer inbox (NEW)
- FastTrack | Expanded language support: the additions of simplified chinese, Thai and Vietnames to the FTC (NEW)
- Improvements to Outlook Add-in Store: an in-client experience for finding Apps/Add-ins for Outlook. Great new feature (NEW)
- Intune Mobile Application Management and Conditional Access for Skype for Business: More control of Skype for Business on mobile devices (NEW)
- Office 365 Groups: guest access support: My number one feature I’m waiting for for Groups. When finally launched I see no single reason whatsoever to use Yammer. (NEW)
- Office Delve updated profile experience: The profile part of Delve will be improved over the next few months (NEW)
- Removal of Delivery Reports from Outlook on the web: Delivery Reports will no longer be a part of Outlook on the web (who uses that anyways!?) (rolled back from Rolling out)
- Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition: Connect your on-premises Skype for Business to the PBX/PSTN in Office 365! (NEW)
- Yammer service on by default: I complained about this stupid idea previously and now they moved it from Rolling Out to In Development! Not going to do a sarcastic comment this time, but if that is true that someone reconsidered this change it is a good thing for all enterprises that would like to control what their users use and what not to use. (From Rolling out)
- Azure departmental template availability: Yup, it’s being cancelled over and over again (from in development)
Here we go again! The Office team keep a steady pace of updates coming to the Office Roadmap. This time it’s a bit weird, but we have a lot of things being rolled back!? Also I noticed that the site was down today for maintenance. So, is this just a DR solution and they lost data or have they just messed things up? I smell that someone actually MANUALLY updates this list, but hey, they can’t be that crazy, can they?
Anyhow - this is NOT how a roadmap/changelog should work. Microsoft, you customers tries to listen to what you do, but this is just not acceptable. Last week I told a customer it was launched, and now it’s not….FIX THIS. Scrap this Roadmap site and make proper changelog - if you don’t know how, go ask your colleagues in the Microsoft Graph team and ask them how they do it.
Nothing new launched this time around.
- Apps for Project Pro for Office 365 write support: Rolled back from Launched!
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) in SharePoint Online: Rolled back from Launched!
- DLP in SharePoint - Policy Management: Rolled back from Launched!
- Multiple timeline bars in Project Pro for Office 365: Rolled back from Launched!
- Next-generation OneDrive for Business sync client (PC & Mac): Rolled back from Launched!
- Office 365 Video - Yammer settings per channel: Rolled back from Launched!
- Red Alert Autoposting: Rolled back from Launched!
- Task Notifications in Project Online: Rolled back from Launched!
Yammer service on by default
- Azure departmental template availability: was cancelled last week
- Cloud PBX in Skype for Business: was launched last week
- Manage Yammer licenses in Office 365: was rolling out last week
- Mobile PDF annotation support for iOS: was launched last week
- Office 365 local datacenter in India: well, do you have a datacenter in India or don’t you!?!?
- PSTN Calling in Skype for Business: Was launched…
- PSTN Conferencing in Skype for Business Online: was also launched…
- Real time presence for PowerPoint: was rolling out
- Real Time presence in PowerPoint for desktop: was rolling out
- Skype Meeting Broadcast: was launched
- Sway recycle bin: was launched
Things that just is a mess and a big questionmark
- Allow/Deny list external sharing domains: was listed as in development last week but don’t exist no more…
- Bitcoin Currency Format Support: and I just spent tons of money on Godizilla machines to mine some bitcoins…
- Expiring Yammer Announcements: looks like they don’t expire after all, but hey ho, they are experimenting with Mark stuff as read in the inbox - the biggest improvement in this service for three years - AND THEY DON’T PUT THAT ON THE ROADMAP!!
- FastTrack | Expanded language support: was iun development
- OneDrive for Business Web UX refresh: was launched
- Search on Yammer iOS app: was rolling out
- Set an expiry date for a guest share: that explains why I didn’t see this last week, it is NOT launched
- Skype for Business One-time search notification: magically disappeared from the previously released list!
Let’s keep an eye on that roadmap, I have a feeling something will happen soon again…