Both Build and Ignite has passed and we finally have the first update on the Office Roadmap in a month. It's quite a few new interesting things in the pipe this time and but no new Yammer features :)
Since the 15th of April the following items has changed on the Office Roadmap.
- Change copy/paste behavior in the Outlook Web App: brand new updates directly to production. Changing how mixed content (images and text) are pasted in OWA.
- DLP in Office 365 to protect Externally classified content: from rolling out
- Edit Office 365 profile details page update: now fully launched
- Enhanced NDRs: from In Development
- Increase Message Size limit to 150 MB: from In Development
- Lync Web App support for Mac and Windows Chrome users: from Rolling Out
- MDM for OneDrive for Business: From Rolling Out
- Office 2013 client update to support passive authentication using SAML: from Rolling Out
- Office 365 Groups : Dynamics CRM integration: A brand new feature to Office 365 Groups! And it's a good one. This new feature in CRM allows you to create Office 365 Groups to collaborate with team members that don't have access to CRM. Read more here.
- Office 365 Groups: adding Like to Conversations: from In Development
- Partner Admin Center New Customer List Filters: from Rolling Out
- Recommend OneDrive for Business for Large Attachments: from In Development
- First Release Select people: directly to production. One of the best new enhancements, announced at Ignite, that allows you to have First Release per user instead of per tenant.
- Office 365 Groups : files improvements: new on the roadmap. Necessary improvements to Office 365 Groups, now if only content types were available in groups…
- Office 365 Notification Pane: did they do this properly this time?
- Office 365 Video Update: HTML5… we listened to your feedback…
- SharePoint Online storage usage model: from in development, allows you to have "Auto" quotas
- SharePoint Online uses Exchange Web Services to send mail: new kid on the block, will improve how the shared items e-mails are sent and perhaps not being classified as spam
- SharePoint Online will start to transition to using TLS to send email securely in our datacenters: perhaps not the most exciting new feature, but a good one. Also a feature that will be available on-premises in SharePoint 2016
- Skype for Business Online: from in development - just ye ole re-branding of Lync.
- Save to OneDrive for Business: from in development. Save to OD4B directly from OWA (Outlook Web App, not Office Web Apps). (Updated since the original post)
- Custom Tiles: a new and highly requested feature. Once this one is rolling out you will be able to add links to the App Launcher
- Exchange Online Advanced Threat Protection: Something new that will make all your Exchange admins excited. Read more.
- Inline Service Health for Support Request Creation: new feature that supposedly should help you not submitting requests to Microsoft.
- Office 365 Groups: mobile app: The roadmap doesn't have much to say on this feature, but I guess the title says it all. Oh, did I hear someone say that Team Sites are dead?
Update since the original post: "We'll be delivering a mobile app that surfaces Outlook Group conversations and files across iOS, Android and Windows Phone by the end of 2015. "
- Organization support card: new feature that allows you to add you own contact support details in the help pane of Office 365
- Proactive notification of Outlook version: admins will now know if you are lazy and don't update Outlook…
Moved off to the list into Previously released
- Clutter control and admin capabilities
- Compliance Center for Office 365
- DKIM Outbound for Exchange Online Protection
- Exchange Transport Rule: Recipient Notification Action
- Improved Yammer thread visuals with Card View for iOS/Android
- Lync Online Active User Activities Report
- MAPI over HTTP for Outlook 2013 and Exchange Online
- New preview features for Power BI
- Office 365 Admin App Update
- Office 365 Groups Notebook
- OneDrive for Business Sync for Mac
- Outlook Web App options update
- Removing Deleted Items Retention Period
- RMS support for document libraries
- Sign-In Page Branding and Self Service Password Reset
- Skype for Business desktop application update
- Touch Design Enhancements for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Yammer groups prioritization
- Yammer support for Android Wear devices