A week has gone since last update to the Office Roadmap and it looks like the Office 365 team is on a good pace.
These are the changes I’ve noticed on the Roadmap, including my personal comments/take on some of them. One big shocker here and it’s in the Cancelled section, check it out!
- Multi-Tier Cloud Standard for Singapore: something brand new that is just for Singapore that is launched? No description at all on the Roadmap - I’ll get back with details.
- Quarantine Message Body Preview: last week rolling out and now fully rolled out. Exchange admins can now really easy preview stuff in quarantine.
- SharePoint Online storage usage model: “Auto” quotas are now fully rolled out
- Workload-specific admin roles: Also the new admin roles are fully rolled out
- Office 2013 Windows client modern authentication preview: new ADAL based AuthN is rolling out
- Office Online Edit in Yammer: Allows you to edit documents directly in Yammer. New on the roadmap
- PSTN Calling in Skype for Business: US Only, more countries coming up, PSTN Call in feature. More awesome S4B features!
- Public Folders: adding and removing favorites in OWA: Who said Public Folders was dead!
- Document Conversations for OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online: CANCELLED! No surprise to me. Another Yammer feature that is going in to the bin. If Microsoft can do a big write-down on Surface, they sure should do it on Yammer as soon as possible. From Rolling Out.
Moved off into Previously Released
(Added since original post)
- Add external collaborators to your internal Yammer conversations
- Boards for Office Delve
- De-clutter your Inbox
- Delve (Codename Oslo) & Office Graph
- DLP in Office 365 to protect Externally classified content
- DMARC Support in EOP
- First Release Select people
- Office 2013 client update to support passive authentication using SAML
- Partner Admin Center New Customer List Filters
- Recommend OneDrive for Business for Large Attachments
- Share OneDrive for Business folders externally
- Skype for Business desktop application update
That’s it for this time folks!